Why we need your help

Family Health Center provides medical, dental, and mental health care to the Columbia, Salisbury and Marceline communities. Our mission is primary care with a focus on the medically underserved.

The underserved are the uninsured and those families who cannot find a provider to accept their insurance. For instance, some physicians and dentists no longer accept new Missouri HealthNet (Medicaid) patients because reimbursement rates are so low. Approximately 50 percent of our patients pay with Medicaid, 25 percent are self-paying, 15 percent pay with Medicare, and 10 percent are privately insured.

Donations to Family Health Center allow us to provide health care services to those who cannot find providers, and help us cover the costs of discounted services for uninsured and underinsured, low-income families.

Family Health Center is a safety net for the underserved, but our net is not big enough to meet the ever-growing health care needs of the Columbia, Marceline and Salisbury communities. Charitable support from our friends—individuals, families, corporations, and foundations—is critical to our ability to fulfill and expand our services, offer discounted care, and accept patients regardless of their ability to pay.

Ways to give

You can help us in our mission to provide quality health care to the uninsured and underinsured. Here’s how:

  • Give a tax-deductible financial gift to Family Health Center.
  • Ask your employer to match your gift.
  • Include Family Health Center in your will or trust.
  • Donate stock or mutual funds.
  • Give a real estate or personal property gift.

You may make a charitable contribution by mailing a check to:

Family Health Center
Charitable Donation
1001 W. Worley St.
Columbia, MO 65203

We thank you for your continued support.

FHC is a 501(c)(3), tax-exempt, not-for-profit corporation with a local governing board comprised of 13 members and five consulting members. Patients of the Center comprise 51 percent of the membership of the board. You may contact us for documents of proof of our nonprofit status.